Re: [IP] Depression and Insulin O/Ds

Dear Sara:

Boy do I know where you are coming from.  I am 23 and getting ready to
graduate.  About a month ago I had the worst bout of depression I have ever
had.  I did not want to get out of bed and I felt dead inside.  I just
wanted it all to be over with.  I was tired of being a D and of my life.  Of
fighting with my weight and not being able to eat what I want when I want.
I talked to my mom as well and it really helped.  She is such an anchor for
me.  I am also well versed in this subject, both from an academic and a
personal perspective.  I have written two papers about the connection
between depression and diabetes.  I also teach a segment during a Living
with Diabetes seminar about this subject.  You are definitely not alone.
There has been tons of research to support the need for information about
depression and diabetes.  Diabetics need to know that they are not alone and
that this is not just something that comes as part of the package of D.
There is treatment and help is available.  I am glad to hear that you are
seeking help.  I know it can be hard, especially when you are completely
unmotivated to do anything.  Just wanted to let you know that you are not
alone and you are on the right track.  Good luck and remember that we are
here for you.

D for 7
pumping for 1

"But the most wonderful thing about tiggers is that
-From the immortal Tigger Song