[IP] Celiac

Depressing appointment with the endocrinologist yesterday...Stephanie's
thyroid is enlarged and based on her symptoms, she may have celiac disease
(they've drawn blood for an antibody test...we won't have definitive results
for a while). In the mean time, I'm trying to find her some relief by
modifying her diet. I've searched the archives already, but am now looking
for info direct from anyone who deals with celiac. I need help on how to
identify products containg wheat gluten and ideas of kid-appealing foods
that are safe to eat (Stephanie is 10, diagnosed with IDDM at age 4.5,
pumping since 3/98). Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Please
avoid clogging the main list by emailing me privately at email @ redacted

The good news is her A1c dropped from 8.9 to 8.3 in 4 weeks...it's amazing
what not having strep throat will do for your numbers!

Betsy Sale