[IP] Re: call me squeamish re: 24hr urine tests

Tee-hee! Can't say that I blame you!

I recently had to do a 24hr urine test (for kidney stones -
checking protein, calcium, phosphorous, and sodium - and probably
some other things I'm forgetting.) They told me I didn't have to
refrigerate it, to just put it in a bucket of ice water next to
the toilet, so that's what I did (I kept it in the mop bucket
filled about halfway with water and ice.) I had a little
performance anxiety though...that jug is HUGE and I was thinking,
"I have to fill THAT up?" Hehehehe! After 24hrs I only managed to
get 2-3qts, which the dr was not happy about (told me I need to
make sure to drink more fluids.)

As far as keeping it in the fridge goes, I don't see how that
big, blazing orange jug with 'biohazard' written all over it
could be mistaken for ANYTHING else! LOL

Jan said:
I just cannot stand the thought of a jug of pee in the fridge.
So, I do this
collection every 6 months, I have a small tub full of ice and put
the
container in it on the back step in the garage and cover it with
a rug for
insulation. Works for me. Thanks, guys, but I'll stick with a can
or bottle
of Diet Coke when I come to your houses. No juice for me. ;)

--
Take care, Kerri, mom to Courtney-14, Kimberly-11, Shannon-9 (dx
w/type 1 diabetes 11/96, pumping 11/99), Jacob-7, Kyle-5,