[IP] Free Profile meter and Penlet

I know many of you have written that you have gotten free meters, but I never
had any luck before.  I recently went to the Lifescan site and wrote the
following message:

  > I am writing on behalf of my 16 year old son, Josh.  He has had diabetes
since 8/91 and has used several Lifescan products over the years.  He is
currently using a FastTake meter and the Penlet lancing device.  He needs a
backup lancing device, but I am not sure where to find a Penlet.  He has
tried other kinds briefly, but he prefers the Penlet. He uses an insulin
pump, so he really needs a meter that can
record more 'events' than the FastTake.  He will still need his FastTake to
take with him when he is out.  How much is a Profile?  He uses about 250
strips/month.  Is the cost comparable to the FastTake?  Thank you for your

The next day, I got a message back that Lifescan was sending a new Penlet
Plus and a One Touch Profile System.  No rebates, trade-ins or anything.  I
have tried to get a free meter (a FastTake) before with no luck, so I am very