Re: [IP] firefighting pumper

> A DMer on insulin cannot get a CDL either --
> no truck driving career.
I heard from a source who wasn't certain that IDDM is a
prohibitive factor in getting a pilots license.  Has
anyone actually persued this avenue since having been

I can see the logic, I'd hate to have a reaction at
5000 feet, or even have my levels too low to
concentrate on actually LANDING the plane.  There have
been times when I've pulled off the road and told my
wife to drive because I just can't focus on the lane
markers anymore.  For those who know me, relinquishing
control is an EXTREME act of capitulance.

So anyway, back to the question, can diabetics fly?
(And if so, how many calories does flapping your arms
like that burn?)

-Sara G.