[IP] Infections and Highs

I am not real sure what has happened here.  About 3:30 am I work up feeling
awful.  I had to pee real bad.  On my way to the bathroom, I picked up my
meter.  Checked and was 505!!!!!!!!!  I haven't been that high in a long
time. I can't even remember the last time I was that high.  I also had large
ketones and still have them this morning.  I did a pump change Saturday
afternoon and when I removed the set, yellowish stuff poured out of my site.
I have been on antibotics and have been taking good care of it.  I am wonder
if my blood sugar could have someway come from the infection?  This scared me
because there was no one here to help me when I was throwing up and I would
like to be able to prevent this from happening again.  Thanks for any
information that you can give me.