[IP] Ketones

There was an old statement in the medical literature that fats burn only in
the flames of carbohydrates. This means that if you are not merabolizing
carbs you can not properly utilizer fat as an energy source so you would get
a lot of smoke and soot from the fat which are ketones which mnake us all
feel blech and disgusting. They kill appitite and by doing this form a basis
for the atkins diet. In the pre insulin days you could only eat a nothing
diet, the Allen diet. This consisted of eggs with added talcum powder to
expand the volume, yuck! One of my mother's friends was put on insulin
around that time and survived to tell me the tale. AB