Re: [IP] Good News!! :)

> Lyra (soon to be pumping!!!)
> p.s. what are good places to insert
> your sets and places where you put
> your pump? All suggests (original and
> creative) are welcome!
I'm sure the answer to this varies with every
individual's activities, I've been running a test for
the past week using a mock up made with a pager, some iv
tubing and a roll of transpore tape.  I've been changing
the tape down site every couple days and obeying the
"rules" of staying attached to the pager 24/7, you might
want to try a similar test before going on the pump.

There were a couple places that I'm glad I didn't have a
needle/cannula sticking inside me as the ergonomics of
the setup simply did NOT lend themselves to a good
overall design.  So far my favorites are back of the
hips and top of the thigh, though one item of note for
the back of the hips is that a belt should be worn to
keep the jeans (or whatever) from chaffing the site.

One area I know so far that I would NOT use is the
outside edge of the breast.  The damn tubing kept
tickling my armpits and driving me insane.  And tape
removal...well... *shudder* I'd rather not talk about

Anyway, my advice probably won't help much as its based
on imperfect circumstances and skewed results.  HOWEVER,
I do think this pre-trial is helpful for learning things
like NOT knocking the unit off the belt, how to sleep
with the attachment, remembering to take care when using
the toilet, finding those tickle spots (I had some minor
issue with tummy site too as it tickled my sides), and
of course the ever joyful clothes changing obstacle

Good luck and Congratulations!

-Sara G.