Re: [IP] Good News!! :)

Hey, GOOD FOR YOU!!

I have been on my pump for a 3 years now and I LOVE IT!!

I always put my set in my stomach. When I started my pump, they told me that
in your arms or legs, your absorption might differ depending on exercise
(i.e.  If you're out jogging, and your arms and legs are moving, the insulin
will be absorbed by your body faster and could cause fluctuations in your
BG.)  I don't know if this is what they are still telling new pumpers or
not, but I've always used my stomach and never had any problems.

As far as where I keep my pump, I guess it's a question of "Do you mind if
people see it and start asking questions?"  (I have worked in the medical
field for the past 7 years.)  I usually just clip mine to my front pocket,
that way it's handy.  Most people think it's a pager.  (Doesn't everybody
carry one of those nowadays?)  Unless someone looks close enough to see the
tube coming out the end of it, they don't realize any different.  (Of
course, working in the medical field, once somebody notices it and starts
asking questions, I usually get to do a 5 minute mini-lecture on pumping!!
But, I don't mind - as long as they don't make fun of my fat tummy when they
look at the insertion site! lol

Good luck on your pump!!

Deb