At 01:29 PM 4/24/00 email @ redacted wrote:
 >I seem to have a virus "kak.worm", that spreads in email as best I can tell.
 >It causes registry errors kak.registry file It has stuck itself into windows
 >scripting or someting equally hiddeous and I am not sure what that means,
 >but it bites big!

You need to get yourself a anti-virus program ASAP. Although Norton's
AntiVirus usually gets the top rankings, there are about 5 or 6 others
(like McAfee's VirusScan, which I use). The bottom line is that you should
never download and run a program from an untrusted source without checking
it for viruses. To be really safe, you should really check all programs, no
matter where they come from.

Programs attached to email are some of the worst offenders... especially
those coming from work, family or friends. Although the person sending you
the mail is not necessarily untrustworthy, you don't know where they got
the attachment from. That's how these things are spread.

It's a dangerous world out there... we all need to practice safe computing.
Getting and using a virus scanner is one of the first important steps.