[IP] A funny rant

Last night was one of those nights I was ready to take my pump and throw it
away. I had a wonderful site in for 24 hrs on my arm but after dinner it got
sore and 5 hours after dinner I was still at 135, which is abnormal for me.
So I decided to move the set. It was a gusher, but more insulin then blood
came out of the hole. Bad sign there. Moved set to other arm, it was fine
for 5 minutes until I bolused for my bedtime snack. Pain and burning, pulled
site out. Another gusher. I declared my arms shot for sites for a week or
so. Hubby was laughing at me flailing arms until ouchiness stopped. I tried
a belly site, An hour later after 1.5 units, I was 170. Another bad
site...changed that site entirely, fresh set and went back to left arm.
Sugar was 111 when I went to sleep. Ate a snack and bolused, all was fine.
At 2am, I wake up in pain, site is stinging, aching, arm is sore. go into
bathroom, blood in tubing. Sugar 150. Set three for the day! I try my leg,
finally get a site fully in my leg and it hurts like Hades. I hit a nerve.
move set. Gusher, blood blister and dripping down leg. Huge lump on two leg
places I tried to inset set. Legs are declared off-limits for pump.  In
tears, cursing up a blue streak, hubby is sleep-talking and tells me to try
a boob site, with a rapid, no less! In desparation and in tears, I take my
rapid, bolus it clear to make sure there's no blood in it and try a boob,
ouch...try where the boob meets the armpit....success! Take a unit, wake up
at 7am bruised and lumpy, all limbs sore, but with a 74 blood sugar:) Rapids
do work in boobs in time of desparation, and it lasted thru breakfast so far
(74 pre meal to 50 postmeal). Its amazing the things a person can do at 2am
when tired, feeling horrible and really wanting their pump to do it's job:)
I'm not happy with the site, but if it works, I'll keep getting creative!

Pixie

Randi "Pixie" Bruner
#9603-040
"Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs
should relax and  get used to the idea." -Robert A. Heinlein