Re: [IP] Pumping Insulin/pocket pancreas

John Walsh and Ruth Roberts asked me to review the manuscript for Pumping
Insulin III. I just finished it - according to the authors, it's scheduled
for publication in "early May".

The new edition looks like it will be approximately 232 pages long, about
80 pages more than the prior edition. It includes updated information for
pumping Humalog, a section for teens and pumping, a section for pregnancy
and pumping. The information on exercise also looks like it's been updated.

I usually learn a few new tricks from most things I read, and this version
is no exception - using some of the information on basal / bolus rates and
timing of Humalog doses, I discovered that I've probably been "over
insulizing" for quite some time, leading to a bit more of a roller coaster
ride than I like. I made some adjustments to my regimen, and my BGs have
flattened out quite a bit.

It's well done, like the prior version and provides a good "road map" for
pumping. It might be well worth waiting for. Now, if we could only make
this required reading for medical professionals, it might make pumping a
bit easier for most of us <g>

Bob Burnett
mailto:email @ redacted

Holly asked: