Re: [IP] Low carb diets for type 1's

       I tried the low carb diet thing.  It worked but I ended up not being
able to stick to it after I went back to work.  I ate a lot of salads and
stuff like that.  I also drank a slim fast for breakfast.  I lost about 10
pounds in a month.  Then I stopped the low carb stuff and went back to
regular food.  I talked to my doc about the diet before I started.  Talk to
your doc and see what he/she suggest.  That way you can keep the amount of
protein low and not harm yourself.  Even as a diabetic, starvation ketones
can hurt you.  Be careful!!! and good luck.  If you don't mind me asking how
tall are you and how much do you weigh?  You can answer by private email if
you would like.