[IP] Overstressing Numbers

><snip> All I'm saying is, even if my HbA1C were to go up a little bit, it
> wouldn't be a horrible thing at all.  And especially where children are
> concerned, I think it's important not to overstress the
> numbers--otherwise, they will be feeling like "bad people" if they get a
> less-than-ideal number.
> Todd (48 yrs old, diabetic since age 13)

I see a lot of members have more children than the DMer and I also get
concerned about the siblings. They know a parent is getting up every night
and checking on the *sweet one* -- do the non-DMers also receive similar
attention? Let those non-DMers know once in awhile that a parent has gone in
their room in the middle of the night just to check on them to see if they
are breathing or whatever. And the DMer him/herself can feel very guilty in
having let the parent(s) down by not meeting the adults' expectations with
numbers or by developing more body damage whether it be growth or another
autoimmune symptom. This is a tough disease for everyone, but at one point,
the DMers will be left to handle it on their own. Many of us long-timers
still have childhood issues. So many developments and aids have come along
that we didn't have. We need to develop an attitude of gratitude that there
are these new developments and we're not still in the dark ages. (~_^)
My $.02.
Jan (60 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83)