Re: [IP] Does it / can it get infected?

Continous Ambulatory Peritoneal Dialysis.

This is a type of dialyses where a shunt / catheter is inserted in the
abdomen. The patient empties fluid into the peritoneal cavity that helps
clean toxins out of the body, and then empties the 'dirty' liquid out and
refills with clean liquid.  My grandfather did this for awhile, as did a
friend who recently had a kidney transplant - it was very very hard on both
of them and their families, lots of work to take care of their failing
kidneys.  I don't know what the protocol is to 'be able' to use this method
versus regular dialyses.  I'm sure Dr. Bender can probably give you a little
more accurate picture than I!  lol
Dawn  email @ redacted