Re: [IP] Bent Cannula

In a message dated 4/22/00 6:50:50 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< I experienced my first bent cannula
yesterday.  >>

I had a couple instances of bent cannulas with the micro sofsets, and with
the help of a Minimed engineer decided that what had been happening was that
the cannula was coming out a bit and then getting pushed back in at an angle
(they were in my hip, where they occasionally touched the back of the chair
when I sat down), causing a crimp.  The solution for me was the sandwich
method:  tape, infusion set attached to that tape, and then more tape.