[IP] re: cold or what

Teresa said :

sometimes I know I'm getting sick from my glucose control
before I ever feel sick.

This always happened to me when I was a kid.  Sugars would sky-rocket.  When
I went to the ER because I was showing signs of DKA (pre-meters, everyone),
they would call my doc (head of the hospital) for follow-up instructions.
He always said to check for signs of start-up infections, colds, sore throat
etc.  Always had the beginnings of an infection.  We started the antibiotics
right away, once they had determined what the infection was.