[IP] Disetronic LaunchesADICOL"Advanced Insulin Infusion with control Loop"

Dear Fellow Pumpers. I just recieved this press release from Disetronic.-Yes
they do have shares on the swiss exchange.
Minneapolis, Minnesota, April 10, 2000.--- The Disetronic Group has initiated
and recieved approval for the development of an innovative new insulin
delivery system with integrated monitoring of  blood sugar for diabetics.The
goal of the ADICOL project ( Advanced Insulin Infusion with control loop) is
to develop a kind of artifical pancreas to the prototype stage, so that the
daily insulin dosage can be administered to people with diabetes practically,
automatically and exactly in the required amounts.
NOTE... From my undestanding they have developed a sensor that is surgically
implanted under the skin, this works in conjunction with their diaport which
is a port that delivers insulin via their pump directly to the liver. Since
the pump is external surgery is a one time deal and we wont have to be opened
up everytime the port clogs which is the problem with MMs implanted pump.
This Project is currently underway at the University of Graz and Perugia in
Germany. The press release goes on and on. If anyone would like a copy e-mail
me your fax # and I will gladly fax it to you as I do not own a scanner.
UNTIL THE CURE THE PUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BRAD pumping 12 years and counting