Re: [IP] Peritoneal Shunt

On 22 Apr 00, at 8:28, Ruth Schneider wrote:

> > That is just amazing!  I want one now!
> I just laughed when I got to THIS page of the dia-port...
> ...seems like an awfully big tool to stick in your abdomen on the far
> right!!!
> http://www.disetronic.com/disetronic.asp?menuId=4&languageId=2

THIS page meaning the first page of the Diaport with the enlarged
picture?  Have you gone to the Gallery page which shows it
pictured with a thimble for perspective?

I really don't want to bring up political affiliations, but it would be
possible for some one on the far left to use it also!    ;>)

What it really means is having a semi-permanent catheter
connection direct to the liver.  No more problems with sub-q
infusions sets.  Almost a true bionic replacement for the pancreas,
just need to integrate it to a glucose monitoring and control system.