we use the iv prep and then a tegaderm or iv 3000 and put the infusion set
though the tape.  we didn't have good luck with the tenders staying in
either, we tried the rapids and have stuck with them and also cover them with
another piece of tegaderm over it. at first her sites didn't last only 1-2
days now we always get 3 days and occ 4 when a planned change didn't get done
due to scheduling times etc.
make sure the tubing isn't getting pulled excessively as this loosens site
also, we tape a little loop of tubing in the tegaderm to help with the
tugging not coming from the actual site, just maybe the tape part. itching
seems to be a problem with my daughter she tends to itch at the site also but
some places itch less and the iv 3000 seems to cause less itching than other
if i can help more please e-mail me