Re: [IP] A1C ranges-Jimmy

At 10:58 PM 4/21/00 -0400, you wrote:
 >I have been back on the pump for about 3 weeks now and my a1-c
 >was 6.1. not sure if this is good or not?

Hi Jimmy,

I think 6.1 is within the normal range for A1C--in other words, very
good.  To find out for certain, though, you'll need to check the lab
report.  It should tell you what the normal A1C range is (for my lab this
is usually usually something like <6.5 or less than 6.5).

Since different labs use different scales you really can't make sense of
your A1C until you know what scale they use.