[IP] Remedial Classes

> Since I have been diabetic for 45 years every medical professional
> assumed I knew all I needed to know and I ended up confused and
> with very fragmented care.  Does anyone hold "remedial" classes for older
> diabetics? LOL  I'd like to enroll!
> Denise Guerin
> Type 1 45 years

That's exactly right. When my dau was 7 and I 29, I took piano lessons
beside her because I wanted to learn *as a child.* If I was taught as a 29
y/o, it would be assumed I knew something. Listening in on dau's lessons
taught me the very beginnings. Having DM so long causes others to *assume*
we don't need to know the new procedures as they come along. I was looking
through my 2nd pump's manual and forgot I was on one basal a day for 9 years
and set a supplemental basal every a.m. for dawn phenomenon. With my 4th
pump's (507c) features I have 3 basals set and don't know the diff. between
square wave or dual wave. Some kind of training would have been nice. I HATE
to read manuals: PC, printer, monitor, pump, scanner, m'oven, VCR, TV, etc.
And, most of them tell me, "You can do such and such." But, they don't tell
me HOW to do such and such.
Jan (60 y/o, T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83)