[IP] RE{IP} Pump Protocol

> Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 22:34:56 EDT
> From: email @ redacted
> Subject: [IP] RE{IP} Pump Protocol
> Sounds like the program I had, except that follow up visits were done by
> phone and scheduled visits, with no second day in the office. Worked out
> without the second day visit. i gave a lot of homework pre-pump.
> Amazing...the same books assigned.
> Barbara b.

I wish I had such a program available to me. My endo was so casual about the
pump I just assumed there was nothing to do but get the pump, start on a
Basal Rate and pump away. No wonder my Minimed rep was aghast and suggested
I needed a bit more information, but even a change of endo was not enough.
Had it not been for insulin pumpers I would not even know what it was I was
supposed to learn.  Since I have been diabetic for 45 years every medical
professional assumed I knew all I needed to know and I ended up confused and
with very fragmented care.  Does anyone hold "remedial" classes for older
diabetics? LOL  I'd like to enroll!
What kind of pre-pump homework did you assign?

Denise Guerin
Type 1 45 years