[IP] Re: Celiac sprue testing

I have never heard about celiac sprue being more prevalent in one ethnic
group than another, though one could speculate that a culture which favors
gluten-containing carbs (pasta, bread) would be more likely to exhibit

Testing for celiacs is not a difficult thing. There are blood tests for
antibodies (measured in the levels of gliadin)which can be done at most
labs. If needed, an endoscopy will be ordered, possible with or without
anaesthesia -not fun, but quick and fairly decisive.

Considering the considerable negative effects of untreated celiac disease on
women (bone loss due to calcium leaching) and types 1s (inconsistant
absorption wreaks havoc on bg control), and that you are both, I highly
recommend getting tested without delay.

That's my 2 cents,