From: denise poole <email @ redacted>
To: <email @ redacted>
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2000 3:09 PM
Subject: [IP] celiac ?

While surfing the web for info about this disease, since it was a topic of
discussion recently, I found a very interesting fact. It had said that many,
or most sufferers were of Italian decent. Well I am Italian and was
wondering
if since there was such a close link between Celiac and Diabetes, what would
the likelihood be that one of my many Drs would have possibly checked me for
this? I realize some of the symptoms are so vague, but I myself have a
horrible problem with intestinal upsets, my oldest son, also IDDM seems to
suffer from depression, and my middle son was DXD with failure to thrive as
baby. I wonder if anyone dealing with this thinks I am making too much out
of
this, or should I have my family tested? Thanks for any advice, Denise