From: Cathy Pallari [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2000 3:18 PM
To: 'email @ redacted'
Subject: [IP] carb counting question

I've asked this question of my dietician, but she told me to always eat
carbs with my meals.  Let's say I want to eat a juicy steak and a big green
salad with no carbs, not even in the dressing, for dinner. I currently
figure my bolus as 1 unit per 15 carbs.  I also figure in 1 unit per every
50 dl/mlg(?) of bg reading over 150. How do you figure how much insulin to
take for your bolus?  Would I use a square wave bolus?

Thanks,

Cathy