[IP] dawn phenomena?

I seem to be having a problem with this for quite some time now. And after
watching my pattern for quite some time, and getting up the nerve, I started a
new basal rate from 3 am til 9 am. I only increased it by .1. (From midnight
til 3 am, I use .5)  Well it is not helping at all! I seem to be worse now
than before. Prior to using the new basal I would just take 3 units of insulin
when I got up in the am. The problem with that was that I was going lower than
I felt comfortable with at lunch time. But now, I am way too high at lunch and
continue to rise even if I don't eat a thing all day! I just can't figure this
out at all and would really like some help if possible. The rest of the day my
basal rate is .3  I am usually very sensitive to insulin, but that doesn't
seem to be the case lately. I use Velosulin, have delayed digestion, and my
carb ratios are
breakfast 1/15 (which I don't eat)
lunch 1/22
dinner 1/22