Re: [IP] Rapid infusion set question

>because he is so thin.  Has anyone else used these on a thin child and what
>kind of luck did you have?

I'm a grown-up sorta but have this problem:). I'm under 5ft tall and very
tiny and use rapid 6mms.
( I wish they made 4mm!!!) Occasionally they poke inside but I have managed
to keep a site in for as long as 5 days and was not so lucky with tenders as
they kinked and the cannula came out bent becuase I have little sub-q
tissue. I make a serious effort to put rapids in my squishiest spots (arms
usually) and they work alot better than other sets I've tried. Just find a
place with good skin amount and a little (7mm) padding (that alone can be a
challenge!) and pinch the skin up well when inserting and then tap the site
a few times and run hand over it to make sure it doesn't poke anything all
the time it's rubbed or bumped. It is hurts or pokes, move the set:) Skin
prep and tegaderm is great for rescuing rapids adhesive when the site has to
be moved right awat:)

Good luck!

Randi "Pixie" Bruner
"Women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs
should relax and  get used to the idea." -Robert A. Heinlein