[IP] Rapid infusion set question

I have a 6-year-old very thin son and we have been using the tender on him
but have had several sites go bad because of kinking ( we think ).  Anyway,
we put in a rapid for the first time today to try but I am a little concerned
because he is so thin.  Has anyone else used these on a thin child and what
kind of luck did you have?  We really like the tender because of the
disconnect and the lack of a needle left in the skin but if his sites keep
going bad it is not worth it.  If anyone can give me any advice either way I
would appreciate it.  Thanks!  :)