[IP] RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #111

Title: RE: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #111

Hi Holly,

I have a Fasttake meter, and have not heard about these new strips. My 5 yo Daughter has the Glucometer Elite XL, and they are great! My wife wanted me to switch, but I had just gotten the Fasttake, and didn't think the insurance co would appreciate another new meter (I also have Lifescan Profile, but wanted a small travel meter). I also use Lifescan's One Touch software, that is downloaded from the meter. The Glucometer Elite XL seems to use a smaller portion of blood, and is easy to use. The Fasttake gives me errors if I try to add more blood to the sample, if I didn't fill it first time round. The Glucometer also has a software download program called WinGlucofacts that is downloaded free from the Bayer site. You just need to purchase a cable to attach to the meter (about $29).

Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 08:17:13 -0500
From: "Holly Nelson" <email @ redacted>
Subject: [IP] meter questions

I was wondering if anyone has heard of the new test strips for fast take?
They are supposed to "suck" the right amount of blood in.  Our CDE was
telling us about them.

Also, I would like to know if anyone uses the Glucometer Elite XL, and they
pro's and con's people could tell me about this.  I know YMMV, but I would
like to get a list for myself.