Re: [IP] Dr. Hayek and Kristina

    Although kudos go to Kristina for how maturely she handled this interview
( which I'm eager to read via archives) and to Alberto for how
compassionately he responded to Kristina, let's not overlook YOUR role. I met
Melissa "on-line" several years ago & recall all too well the very difficult
journey she faced, switching doctors, diligently recording Kristina's
readings etc. (all the while caring for 5 little ones, coaching her girls'
soccer teams, etc), having to "prove" that she was "compliant" in
administering to Kristina's prescribed diabetes care. To see Kristina where
she is today & to see you where you are today is a wonderful tribute to the
empowering beauty of cyberspace, connecting those of us who advocate for a
better life for everyone who lives with diabetes. And the wonderful programs
presented by Diabetes Station are the proverbial "icing on the cake", being
served to all who "hunger" for knowledge!!! BRAVO!!! Hope you're also
planning to post this excellent e-mail at the Islet Foundation board?

Regards, Renee (pump-mom to "my" Melissa)