[IP] Re: other autoimmune disorders

It's not weird at all! There really is something to it. I have a
friend who has Lupus and Raynaud's, and all of her children have
been early (3-8wks. 2 girls, 4 boys - two of these kids are
girl/boy twins.) Before her first pg and in between the others
she has had repeated miscarriages. She has to take heparin and
progesterone to stay pregnant, plus steroids for the lupus (oh,
and thyroid meds for hypothyroid, which can also adversely affect
fertility.) She has anticardiolipin antibody and a +ANA, and
they've told her basically what you've said, that her body
rejects the babies because they are foreign to her body (sort of
like an autoimmune response.)

Liz said:
This may sound weird,  but I read an article a couple years ago,
suggested premature labor or miscarriages may be associated with
diseases, with an increase incidence when carrying a boy
baby.....  It is
pretty amazing that our bodies don't reject having another person
within us, isn't it?....Awesome Creator!    Has anyone else ever
heard of
this or read anything about these studies?   I haven't read
anything recently
suggesting this.

Take care, Kerri, mom to Courtney-14, Kimberly-11, Shannon-9 (dx
w/type 1 diabetes 11/96, pumping 11/99), Jacob-7, Kyle-5,
Matthew-3, & Ashley-1 in WA
the little children." Sweet Medicine, Cheyenne, undated