Re: [IP] Re: Sara's question about boob sites

Sara G.

Funny you should mention the breast sites as about a month or so ago I ask
the same question to others on the list.  Well, it went wild for a day or
two.  I was always afraid to try it too.  I said if someone else would try it
I would too.  I think it was Sheila or Sherry that said they did so then I
went ahead and tried it too.  It was wonderful and the bs were some of the
best I had for a while.

At that time I was about to have my annual mammogram and wanted to wait until
that was over before I tried it.  So I put it in on the weekend after the
mammogram and on Monday the DR's office called me at work to tell me my
mammogram was fine and I told the nurse that I was glad because I had just
begun using the boobs for infusion sets.  She said I will tell the Dr. that.
So I didn't think anymore about it and that same evening the Dr. called me at
home and Said, "I hear you found a rather unusual place to put your infusion
set" I couldn't believe what I thought I heard and said, "excuse me?"  I then
said do you think I should not be using the breasts?  He said Are you getting
good readings? I said Yes.  He said does it hurt?  I said no.  He said more
power to you.  Use what works.  Now, this is not my endo this is my primary
care guy.  So I have used it about four more times and no problems.  I also
keep my sites for a week.  Others on this list will disagree for whatever
reasons and I respect their thoughts.  It is something you have to deal with
on your own.  Don't listen to anyone, make the decision yourself for your own
reasons.  That is just my story.

As a matter of fact my set is in my boob right now.

Nancy 35 years D 12 years pumping