[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #111

We (my son) uses the Glucometer Elite XL and I absolutely love it!:O)  It "sucks" the blood into the tip of the strip, it's easy, his finger can be in any position to do this & it's simple while he's asleep!  It uses a relatively small amount of blood (test blood
serum, not whole blood), Mine was within 10 points of lab values.  It stores I think 100 tests?  It will give you an average, it has date and time and can download into the computer.  The only thing I don't like is that the countdown is 30 seconds-it would be nice if
it was a bit shorter!:O)  Can you tell I love this?  My sister (dx'd at 3, is now 27) just recently switched to this as well.  She likes it too!  Feel free to email me privately if you have any more questions.

Take Care,
Amy-mom to Tyler-7, Riley-almost 5 (dx'd 7-1-99), Mason- 2 1/2, Cailin Rose-13 mos