[IP] Congratulations And Pump Start Concerns

First, I want to congratulate you on FINALLY deciding
to start your pump!!!  I know how happy you must be
and how anxious you are to begin pumping!!!  You have
struggled and worked hard, so be sure to pat yourself
on the back for all of your efforts and patience!
(Believe me, I don't know if I could have waited as
long as you, especially since you have had your pump
for so long!)  :-)

Secondly, I would not worry too much about starting
pumping.  I know that YMMV, but my pump start went
fairly well....  I DID have some problems when I
started pumping (I am still facing some problems), but
I am hoping most of the problems you will face are
tiny, itty, bitty specks of dust that will fade with
"cleaning."  Sure those specks of dust may reappear at
any time, but like most of the people on the list have
posted that any problems that they have had were well
worth it - I think in the future you will agree with
us the pump is worth the hassle!!!  (Yes, dust specks
and all!!!)  ;-)

Also, I noticed when I read the posts that those who
mentioned problems sounded very negative or "bad" when
it came to dealing with lows.  (Purely my opinion and
I could be wrong on this, of course.)  If you are that
worried about it, talk to your doctor, CDE and/or pump
trainer about how you are feeling.  If they really
care about you and respect your opinions, they will
discuss this with you.  Maybe your insulin doses for
the first few days can be lowered even more than the
"usual" amount.  Don't be shy in voicing your concerns
- it's your life, your feelings and your pump!!!

Once again, I can't wait for you to start pumping!
Congratulations!!!  :-)

Pump hugs,

Melissa Collins
email @ redacted

To pump or not to pump, that is the question.....

Do You Yahoo!?