[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V4 #109

In a message dated 4/18/00 5:06:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 10:35:12 EDT
 From: email @ redacted
 Subject: [IP] bad cold/high bgs >>
Linda, for illnesses, I'm for just testing every 2 hours. I get nervous about
using higher temporary basals. There goes your sleep. But then you don't have
to fear over-shooting & you'd probably be testing often anyway. Remember that
he probably won't be as sensitive to insulin while sugars are extra high (but
you may have noticed this already & are adjusting what you expect his
drop-per-1u to be) Good luck - and this is just one careful persons
suggestion. Jeannie Hickey