Re: [IP] Letter to Insurance re: # of test strips

I agree with Michael's reply and would also include testing for:  highs, sick
days, exercise, additional snacks, and night time checks.  Give as many
examples as you can think of.  In addition to your doctors letter send one of
your own listing all the reasons needed to test frequently.  I have done that
in the past and it has helped.  I don't know why insurance companies think we
don't need to know how our bloodsugars are running throughout the day & night
(there are 24 hrs to a day you know!!!).  I hope your letter will help them
open their eyes.

Good Luck!  Linda