Re: [IP] Not all pump starts are smooth (a warning)

I think it is a matter of realistic expectations and an individuals feeling about
the options.  Tthe first week that I was on injections, though I never said
anything I wasn't going to do it!!!  (I do remember the time that I braced myself
under a table in the Dr's office so I could avoid a shot.)

The years probably have helped - now I don't even think twice when I need to use
a syringe.  Putting in an infusion set is a different story - STILL and it's been
5.5 years on the pump.

I think it's important to get "comfortable" with a more "difficult" method of
treatment before going to something "easier".  All the words in quotes are
definitely variable based on each individual.

One thing to remember is that not all people "feel" the same benefit that you
have noticed.  And as a parent how much has it reduced your direct involvement
with your daughter's diabetes?

Jim S.
email @ redacted