Re: [IP] Not all pump starts are smooth (a warning)

My daughter went on the pump in December.  The first two to three months were
hell.  Everything from constant thinking about diabetes, to site problems, to
a higher a1c, to wild numbers.  Then, it got better.  Matter of fact, it got
great.  The memories of being on shots is now a distant and sad one.  And
believe me, our pump beginning was brutal.  We recently returned from a trip
to Costa Rica and marveled at how easy this trip to a developing country was
on the pump.  Actually, I think that within a few months, newly diagnosed
people should be given the option of going on the pump, and the pump should
be presented to people as a near future option, at the time of diagnosis.
The myth is that the pump is harder and requires more discipline.  I think
tight control achieved on shots take a greater toll and require greater