RE: [IP] derek and eating 24/7

My 4 1/2 year old son started pumping in December '99 and his appetite has gone through the roof!
He is always saying that he is hungry, even immediately after leaving the dinner table.
I just try to feed him healthy food that is filling and keep offering sensible options.

I am very thankful for the pump, because we can just give him a little more insulin to cover what he is putting into that bottomless pit of his!

It is so nice to have that option, instead of feeling like I am depriving him of what he needs by always saying NO
to those requests for second (and third) helpings!  As long as he is not filling up on junk food, there must be a
reason for his body to keep demanding more calories - after all, he is a very active growing boy!

Beth Mullen
Mom to the bottomless pit-boy, 4 1/2 year old Mark, dx at 2 months old, pumping since 12/99
who says "Mama, I just love to eat all the time!", and that's OK (thanks to the pump!)