Re: [IP] bad cold/high bgs

> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone tell me what I'm to do with my son Kevin. He has a really
> bad cold and his bgs are way up. We keep bolusing to get him down,
> but not much luck. Should I change his basals temporarily and if so,
> how much and how long?
When Lily is ill and running higher than normal bg's, we simply turn
the basal rates up 0.1 or 0.2 u/hr, as necessary to keep her in
normal range. When her bg's begin to fall, we turn them down. There
is no magic involved, just knob twisting -- so-to-speak. The length
of time the change is needed varies with the illness - no way to
really judge that, you just must be vigilant.

Michael