Re: [IP] Re: donate pump

> I read with interest about donating used pumps to the organisation
> that hosts this digest.  May I ask what happens to these pumps after
> they have been donated? Are they given to those in need or what?

We've not yet ever received a donated pump. The plan I have discussed
informally with representatives of D and MM would involve IP
returning the pump to the factory for check out and/or refurb if
necessary. The pump would then be put on permanent loan to someone in
need (basically without insurance) until such time as they were
obtained insurance coverage. At that time they would be contractually
obligated to return the pump to IP for use by another person. This is
a win - win scenario for all parties. The person needing the pump
gets one, the pump company gets to sell supplies to a user who
otherwise would not be a pumper and they also eventually get to sell
them a pump. The donor gets to write of the full value of the pump in
the year it is donated.

What I need to do to make this work is find an attorney willing to
write the necessary documents on a pro-bono basis.

I am hopeful that a list member or perhaps one of the law firms of
the pump companies will  do this for Insulin Pumpers.