[IP] Re: RE: other autoimmune disorders

I have Raynaud's Phenomenon, which causes a hyperconstriction of the fingers
causing my fingers to go white & numb when it's the least bit cool outside or
in a room.  I went to a Rheumatologist to have blood levels drawn to check
for any signs of Rheumatoid arthritis, Scleraderma, Lupus, etc.  because
Raynaud's is often associated with those conditions.  I was essentially
negative for those conditions, except for one test that was borderline high.
   He couldn't explain the Raynaud's other than it sometimes occurs to women
without any other conditions...although it can be related to diabetes.   The
Rheumatologist seemed very interested in the relationship to one autoimmune
disorder to others and was puzzled as to why I have Raynaud's.

Also,  my Endo. does thyroid studies once a year or so because my thyroid
appears large.  But those studies have been within normal limits.

This may sound weird,  but I read an article a couple years ago, that
suggested premature labor or miscarriages may be associated with autoimmune
diseases, with an increase incidence when carrying a boy baby.....  It is
pretty amazing that our bodies don't reject having another person growing
within us, isn't it?....Awesome Creator!    Has anyone else ever heard of
this or read anything about these studies?   I haven't read anything recently
suggesting this.

dx'd Type 1 w/pregnancy at age 35.
pumping since 11/99