Re: [IP] What can I expect?

Good for you!!!!!!!! You can expect to find yourself in somewhat a state of
disbelief...are these readings right?...They are so close to(or in!!!) the
normal range and I am not bouncing all over the place! WOW...pinch
myself...this has to be a dream! You are on the road to a better life
Roselea and I am sooooooo happy for you, I just want to give you a big
Depending when you take your last shot of NPH, you may experience some lows.
Best to be conservative when setting your basals to start with. My Dr. was
very conservative and I was glad because my bgs were great when I first got
hooked up. If he had not been as conservative then I would have gone low.
Make sure you test often as your hypo-unawareness makes this a necessity.
You will find that over the next few weeks after start-up, you will start to
regain your hypo awareness. I think you are very well prepared and will
handle everything just fine. If you do have any lows...you have lots of
experience handling those!! I have found that the symptoms of a low are not
as pronounced as they were on MDI, and not as severe either.
You will probably find yourself thinking every once in a while..."Oh, no! I
forgot to take my shot!" Then you will feel so relieved to remember that you
don't have to worry about that any more!
I will be thinking of you and wish you all the best. :o)
......Carolyn....Happily Pumping! :o)