Re: [IP] Help- pumpers --Michael

> Michael wrote:
> >>But .... to satisfy the nit pickers, you may have to raise your hba1c<<
> Do you think that can be a real issue for approval from private
> insurance, Michael?  My last A1c in January was 5.2, but I have a
> lot of low lows... (as low as 12 on my meter).  Although I had a
> "good" A1c, the other items my endo indicated on the Medical
> Necessity form hopefully will negate that (History of severe
> glycemic excursions, Wide flucutations in glood glucose levels
> before mealtime, Day to day variations in work schedule, mealtimes,
> etc.)

With insurance companies it is a "best medical practices" issue. You
just have to hammer them, they really can't win. The insurance
company may try to say you are in good control based on A1c's alone,
but this is a B-S argument -- they know it and so do we. I believe it
is tried just to discourage genuine claimants from getting useful and
necessary treatment.