Re: [IP] auto immune diseases

   I've told this story before at IP, but it's pertinent to your queries, so
bears repeating. While chatting with other moms of kids with diabetes in the
parents' chat room at childrenwithdiabetes.com, someone mentioned having
hypothyroidism.....and after a succession of "me toos", we realized there
were SEVEN of us chatting, who all had both hypothyroidism AND a child with
diabetes. I've seen the statistic that as many as 40% of diabetics will also
develop thyroid conditions. I have visions of an EVIL Auto-immune grinch
laughing at all these researchers who keep trying to outsmart this
grinch...and still end up being outwitted by his evil ways!!

regards, Renee