Re: [IP] auto immune diseases

I sent around the question to the list, about what other autoimmune
diseases us diabetics have...I have received a dozen responses. Very
interesting, I am trying to understand more about the immune system, and
whether those of us with one autoimmune disease are more susceptible to
getting other ones. I happen to be diabetic, and recently thought to have
MS - both autoimmune diseases. (The first doc I spoke with thought I might
have had myestenia gravis by the way).

I am considering a pancreas transplant and am wondering about my body's
susceptibility to getting ill once I get the transplant and take
immunosuppresant drugs.

I'm a clinical social worker but am feeling much like I shouldv'e become a
researcher! :)

Any ideas, feel free to share,  diana