[IP] What can I expect?

Ok folks, looks like I'm gonna finally start pumping.  I decided to go for
it, whether the insurance gives it's ok right away or not.  I'm tired of
waiting on them.

I get hooked up May 23rd.  My question for anyone who remembers what it was
like, what are those first few days like?  I have an all day meeting on the
24th which is about a 2-hour drive from my home, and I'm concerned about
that.  Luckily I won't be going alone and I may even be able to get someone
else to drive.  So, what can I expect?  I know it will be rough going for a
few days, and guess I'll have to wing it a lot!  But what's it like going
from 3-4 shots of NPH and R per day to the pump?  I need to get prepared.

Type 1 for 37 years, nervous and excited.