[IP] Accuracy of Hemoglobin A1c tests

I just returned from my endo's office, and wondered how many others have had
this experience.  My HA1c was 5.6, up .4 from what I have been usually
running since being on the pump (had 1 at 4.9, 3 at 5.2).  I expressed
surprise it was that low, having had a couple months of pretty high bg
readings (although, indeed, they never stay up).

My doctor, who has certainly told me things before that I am quite sure are
incorrect (but I do like her anyway and mainly she isn't on a power trip),
told me my reading of 5.6 was probably comparable to the "average" person's
reading of 8, the 4.9 comparable to a 7.  She is basing this on a quick
perusal of my bg readings.  (I average over 10 a day, and many are quite soon
after meals, since with the gastroparesis I always test to make sure things
are working before I go out, especially if I'm going to drive.  So the
chances that she has seen someone with an 8 with comparable bg readings is
really low)