Re: [IP] Help- pumpers

> Emily Snow <email @ redacted> wrote:

> When I first requested the pump
> my insurance
> company denied because of my HbA1c.  I just keep pushing and
> pushing until
> finally they agreed.  I think they deny all in the beginning
> hoping you will
> give up.

I suspect you are correct in this last statement.  But the logic of saying
that one's control is too good to get a pump absolutely escapes me.  It's
almost as though they are telling patients to let their control go to hell
for six months and *then* they can get a pump - along with the likelihood of
more complications, more medical treatments, etc., all resulting in
increased cost for the insurance company.

Jim Handsfield, who often shakes his head over insurance company policies.
mailto:email @ redacted OR
mailto:email @ redacted

the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the United States Public
Health Service or any other agency of the United States government.